This drone feels very well built, and includes improvements over its predecessor. This include a true 4K camera, and much greater 5 km range. It also has a 3 axis stabilized gimbal. You can find it here, and be sure to copy/paste coupon code 059HHEY1CF5X http://bit.ly/CFly-Faith2 . And for those interested in wholesale, please contact [email protected]
– Folding drone with carrying case for portability.
– Solidly well built drone. Does not feel “toyish”.
– True 4K video camera. Records 4K video at 30 fps frame rate, along with still photos at 5120 x 3840 pixel resolution. Photos and videos are recorded to an onboard microSD card. Strongly recommend using a minimum U3 write speed card to keep up with the data rate of 4K video.
– Three axis stabilized gimbal.
– GPS/Glonass for stable hovering and automatic return to home and landing on command, loss of signal, and low battery.
– Optical flow sensor for automatic hovering indoors, or outdoors if so desired.
– Dual acoustic belly sensors for steady altitude hovering.
– Brushless motors.
– 11.4V 3100mah provides up to 35 minutes of flight time (I got 26 minutes with high speed flight maneuvers).
– Control and FPV range of up to 5 km (that is, if your country permits beyond line of sight flight).
– FPV and advanced flight modes available through C-Fly 2 app. Advanced flight modes include Track (Follow Me), Orbit, Waypoints, and One-key Shot modes (Skyrocket, Flyaway, Spiral Flight, Comet Flight, and Circle Mode).
– The app requires use of a phone with 802.11ac WiFi. Before purchasing, use Google to verify that your phone does indeed have 802.11ac WiFi (not everybody has such on their phone).
– Weighs more than 250 grams. Requires registration in most countries.
– Drone records 4K video only to the memory card. This can be an issue for those with slower computers, as viewing and processing such video files can be problematic on older computers.
– Android version of the C-Fly 2 app seemed to have some bugs and shortcomings. I had difficulty completing the compass calibration. Also a couple of the One-key shot modes seemed inoperative (Flyaway, and Skyrocket Modes). The app crashed once on me inflight (I was able to regain video feed by restarting the app). And finally the camera parameters can not be modified through the app. Hopefully CFly is working on these issues for the next upgraded version of the app.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.
The post C Fly Faith 2 4K 5km 3 Axis Gimbal Drone Flight Test Review appeared first on Drone Magazine.